• Describe essential attitudes for conducting effective assessments
• Select and use a comprehensive assessment process that is sensitive to age, gender, racial and ethnic cultural issues, and disabilities
• Identify considerations to assess validity/reliability and usefulness of various objective testing instruments
• Conducting comprehensive assessment interviews and collecting information from collateral sources.
• Differentiate between the function of screening and assessment
• Identify multiple sources of information for the assessment
• Identify types of questions for each area of the mental status exam
• Identify differences in assessment across special populations (women, homeless, criminal justice)