This course can be used for CEUs or as part of precertification training to become certified as a Gambling Addiction Counselor in most states.
The role of the Gambling Addiction Counselor includes but is not limited to:
- Examine Personalized Feedback Interventions for Gambling Disorders:
- Identify treatment for Women Gamblers Using Web, Teleconference and Workbook
- Explore Using Virtual Reality in the Treatment of Gambling Disorder
- Review Psychological Treatments for Gambling Disorder
- Review the Guideline for Screening, Assessment and Treatment of Problem Gambling, and the Massachusetts Department of Public Health’s Practice Guidelines for Treating Gambling-Related Problems
- Applying theories of addiction in assessment and treatment practices.
- Performing a comprehensive assessment with an orientation towards gambling.
- Providing gambling specific counseling, including developing treatment plans and conducting case management activities.
- Recognizing and responding to indicators of suicidal ideations and self-harm behaviors.
- Working in a professional and ethical manner.
Georgia, Florida and National Council Standards for Certification
- http://www.ncpgambling.org/training-certification/ncgc-certification/ (National Council on Problem Gambling)