Eating Disorders and Food Addiction: Overview and Treatment Guide (15 Hour)
- Define an Eating Disorder
- Discuss indicators of readiness for change
- Explore factors maintaining disordered eating
- Learn how to teach patients to self monitor their eating behaviors
- Explore the crucial issue for many patients with eating disorders of regular eating and weighing
- Learn about the function and effects of Binge Eating, Purging and Driven Exercise
- Identify how moods impact disordered eating
- Explore the role of dietary restriction and rules in maintaining disordered eating, along with guidelines for normal eating.
- Explore how people with eating disorders place an unusually high value on controlling their eating, weight and/or shape, and how they judge their self-worth accordingly
- Review information and strategies to start changing the thoughts associated with disordered eating and weight control habits
- Get introduced to a range of strategies for challenging dietary rules and restriction, and food avoidance.
- Discuss some of the consequences of over-emphasizing shape and weight.
- Explores the role of low self-esteem in disordered eating and weight control habits.
- Peruse strategies for improving self-esteem by developing new rules for living and new, more balanced beliefs about yourself.
- Define the "eating disorder mindset," a set of distorted beliefs about eating, weight and shape
- Develop a plan for maintaining the goals that have been achieved so far and preventing relapse