Montana recently updated its rules regarding continuing education for social workers, professional counselors, addictions counselors and marriage and family therapists. Learn more
The board updated its continuing education rules for all license types. Those changes are effective as of 3/30/19. See MAR 24-219-32 on the Rules Notices page for more information.
- The number of CE hours required for each license type have not changed.
- However, the board no longer pre-approves any courses or sponsors. Each licensee is responsible for taking courses which directly relate to the scopes of practice as defined in board statute.
- Licensees are responsible for selecting quality programs that contribute to their knowledge and competence.
- Licensees must maintain documentation of completed CE for three years which shows: licensee name; course title and content description; presenter or sponsor; course date(s); and number of CE hours earned.
- Licensees only need to submit the above documentation as proof of CE if they are selected for a random CE audit. Licensees will be notified if they are selected for a random CE audit.
Save on this year's CEU renewal. Get unlimited CEUs at https://allceus.com/39 and use promocode Renew2019
AllCEUs offers multimedia on-demand CEUs, live webinars each Tuesday and Thursday at 11am MT/ 1pm EST, and CEUs based on Counselor Toolbox Podcast