Treating Depressive Symptoms in Early Recovery TIP 48- 10 Hours
Contact Hours: 10
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes PhD, LPC-MHSP
- Explore information on the use of the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders
- Identify the nature of depressive symptoms, the relationship between these symptoms and the toxic or withdrawal effects of substances, and how depressive symptoms affect treatment participation.
- Explore approaches and psychosocial interventions for working with depressive symptoms, and the clinician's role and responsibilities in relation to substance abuse clients with depressive symptoms.
- Determine specific principles, skills, techniques, and resources that may by used in implementing treatment strategies with clients.
- Recognize the interactive and collaborative process between the counselor and client and how it supports change and enhances psychological and emotional growth.
$30.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software