Addictions Treatment and Older Adults TIP26- 6 Hours
Contact Hours: 6
Instructor: Dr. Dawn-Elise Snipes
Based in part on Counselor Toolbox Episode 221 Tip 26 Addicitons and Gambling in Older Adults
- Describe the prevalence of substance abuse in older American adults.
- Describe the need for treatment of substance abuse disorders in older adults.
- Identify how the physical effects of normal aging can affect the way an older person responds to alcohol or other drugs.
- Identify older adult screening criteria for substance use disorders.
- Identify risk factors in older adults for substance abuse.
- List physical symptoms that can potentially signal the development of addiction.
- Describe delirium and dementia.
- List indications for inpatient substance detoxification.
- Describe brief interventions for substance abuse.
- Describe the FRAMES Approach.
- Explain the different types of treatment settings and their individual characteristics.
- Explain the different treatment approaches and their individual characteristics.
- Describe age specific staffing needs.
Identify resources for older adults and treating substance abuse in older adults.
$18.00 for 90 days
Built on aMember Pro™ membership software